Sunday, June 26, 2005

Roadtrip reflections

Here's a quick list of things I witnessed/observed/contempated while winding my way back to the Land of Cheese:

Hmmmm..the innerstate* DOES go back north. Take the hint, you former-yankees-I-moved-down-here-for-warmer-weather-but-bitch-about-the-way-every-damn-thing-is- done-by-Southerners!

There is and will eternally be construction on I-40.

My SUV averaged 24 MPG on the innerstate**.

Despite yelling obsenities out of the window while driving through Knoxville, theformer UWM bball coach is unlikely to hear what I think of him.

Albany, KY is the best place (OK, only place) I've ever seen a demolition derby.

Albany,KY is probably the place that fulfills all of your redneck, cross-breeding nightmares. Think I met both families that live in that county. KnowwhatImean, Vern?

I have now been*** to the Bob Evans off I-65 in Layfette, IN 5 times.

A 55MPH speed limit really means go 70MPH or die around Chicagoland.

The "Taste of Chicago" festival is really great. Go if you can.

I take great pride in running on cruise control as much as I can. Especially when I end up trapping and/or passing some fu+k@r who had been riding mya$$ since Gary, IN.

US-41 from Chicago to Milwaukee has no tolls and cheaper gas.

I didn't meet Hank Azaria at the Italian Village this time while in Chicago.

If you sing in the car too much, you'll get hoarse.

Taking the hot water heater off of "vacation" mode really punctuates this fact.

Roundtrip was 1857 miles...not including side trips to Athens and Lake Keowee,SC. Now one week of prep, then summer class and our li'l ol' chamber music camp. Myself and the LYW head to SC the first week of August. Let's enjoy it while we can kids. Go Brew Crew!

* Yes, I know it's misspelled...done for a dialect effect.
** I didn't realize this one was misspelled.
*** "been to" is defined as "to dine and/or to pee"

No comments: