Sunday, April 10, 2005

not so macho

I've been waffling on the issue of writing at length about the lovely young woman. My damn pride has restrained me thus far. However, this weekend that prideful resistence was overpowered by that voodoo that she do (soooo well).

Two full days of: a road trip to Chi-town, a pub crawl for charity, hanging with the boys in the bar (yep, she hung right in there!), a lazy Sunday morning, a visit to the Degas exhibit downtown, good baseball/golf on TV (yep, she hung right in there!), gorgeous temps/weather, and this wonderful person to share it with.

So maybe it's not so macho to be silly, stupid, giddy, and altogether "hung up" on her, but I seem to have found myself in a place where - as one of my best friends has written - "everyday is Christmas and your birthday too."

Suddenly, Wisconsin's not so bad.

4 comments:

Michael said...

I'm going to assume for a moment that your lovely young lady is from Wisconsin...if not please stop reading.

Having known many women from the Tri-State (IL, WI, MN) area, I find Wisconsin women to rank superior. Chicago girls are one extreme, women from the twin cities are the other. Wisconsin women fall right in the middle. Great choice.

Corley said...

She is, and she IS. Thanks.

Gunner said...

Seems you've been fishing in the right places. Excellent.

Trey said...

Did he say "fishing"?

Write more, please. I'd like to share in your good feelings and good fortune.

By the way... OUT-standing!