Saturday, March 31, 2007

That's about right

Excerpts from "Nothin' but a Breeze" from the same titled album (1977) by Jesse Winchester

Verse 1
Life is just too short for some folks,
For other folks it just drags on.
Some folks like the taste of the smokey whiskey,
While others figure tea's too strong.

Well, I'm the kind of guy that likes right down the middle,
Don't care for all this bouncin' back-and-forth.
Me, I want to live with my feet in Dixie
And my head in the cool, blue North.

Verse 2
In a small suburban garden,
Not a single neighbor knows our name.
I know the woman wishes we could move somewhere,
Where the houses aren't all the same.

She says, "Jesse, won't you take me where the grass is greener,
I really couldn't say where it may be.
Somewhere high on a mountaintop,
Or down by the deep, blue sea.

Chorus
There we....
Can do just as we please
It ain't...
Nothin' but a breeze.

No comments: